SIG stands for Special Interest Group. As the title speaks itself, it
is about forming a group specialized at maintaining packages related to
Design. KDE, Scientific, Robotics, Fonts groups have them so why not
The reasons are:
- to list and track design related application not included in Fedora
- to make like of packagers easier when one of them went missing or on
- to consolidate all building in a single repository say
where development version of main tools
like Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus without disturbing the main repository
similar to Ubuntu PPA
- to gain more contact with upstream by helping them tracking bugs,
improve their software and provide a guideline of writing a good spec file
- Better interaction with Fonts and Desktop SIG.
- to maintain the list of Design packages in comps.xml for users
installing a different desktop environment i.e. KDE and such.
Graphic & Web Designer