On Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:36:22 PM Martin Sourada wrote:
I finally got around to update the package with wallpapers (after
conquering my laziness, fruitless waiting for hi-res versions and
fruitless waiting for selected supplementary wallpapers list).
thanks for an update!
Of course, I need karma to push it into Fedora.
The included pngs are exported from SVG  referenced on wiki as I
have found no suitably hi-res PNGs. It took ages, I wonder if my laptop
is just too old... The gnome version appeared on the wiki too late,
since there are multiple changes in progress over the various places, I
think I'll have to wait some more with adding it and setting it default
Plus, what's up with supplementary wallpapers? Looks like we won't have
them in beta ;(
And, I'd like to provide some constructive feedback to the wallpaper
itself for post-beta polish:
* The sky and moon are simply awesome, I like them, the stars might
need adding some details for higher resolution
* The bird has some rendering issue, I wasn't able to fix it in the
SVG and the presented PNGs are have too small resolution to use
* The tree looks great from afar, but in detail it looks odd, perhaps
adding some detail might help
* I don't like the mechanical bird, IMHO the one in gnome version looks
* The land is IMHO too simplistic and looks more like quick sketch than
final design, I'm not sure though how to improve it :(
I use the land for progress icons  ;-) with some flowing leaves animation...
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik(a)redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno
Office: +420 532 294 275
Mobile: +420 602 797 774
Red Hat, Inc. http://cz.redhat.com/