Armel Kermorvant wrote:
Good Morning Ambassadors,
We are glad to share with you all the experiences we had during the
French Install Parties that hapened this month.
- Lille (2006 oct 21st):
- We were 4 Ambassadors in Lille.
- Lots of people liked the 3d effect, this is a major point to
promote in Fedora.
- During the day, we had a lot of discussion with the Fedora Users
and we had positive feedbacks about Fedora product and communauty.
- One installation, but lot of questions arround Fedora.
- On the MrTom's Blog, some pictures are available
Link doesnt show pics.
- Paris (2006 oct 28th):
- We were 10 Ambassadors in Paris.
- It was the 1st real adventure for some Fedora Ambassadors.
Face to face meetings are always more fun. Good to know that you guys
managed to do this.
- We prepared some presentions :
- Fedora Project : MrTom
- 3D Desktop Effect : [splinux]
- Fedora Support : trashy
- Open Source vs Non Open Source softwares : Armelk
Can you attach these presentations to
If you did any FC6 fliers,
English versions of those would be nice too.
The keys elements for the presentation and Fedora promotion are :
- 3D Desktop Effects (All Fedora users and all people like it).
Yep. Desktop effects and good look and feel are a major attraction for
new users. How easy was this to enable for various different cards?
- Fedora Project and Fedora Community, lot of people need a
picture about Fedora and RedHat, the Ambassadors clarify this point.
Can you tell us more about the questions asked? Thanks for the report.