# SSSD 2.9.2
The SSSD team is announcing the release of version 2.9.2 of the
System Security Services Daemon. The tarball can be downloaded from:
See the full release notes at:
RPM packages will be made available for Fedora shortly.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the sssd-devel
or sssd-users mailing lists:
SSSD 2.9 branch is now in long-term maintenance (LTM) phase.
### General information
* `libkrb5-1.21` can now be used to build PAC plugin.
* `sssctl cert-show` and `cert-show cert-eval-rule` can now be run as
### Important fixes
* SSSD does no longer crash if PIN is introduced but the tactile trigger
isn't pressed during passkey authentication.
* SSSD can now recover if memory-cache files under `/var/lib/sss/mc`
where truncated while SSSD is running.
* Chaining of identical D-Bus requests that run in parallel to avoid
multiple backend queries works again.
### Configuration changes
* New option `local_auth_policy` is added to control which offline
authentication methods will be enabled by SSSD. This option is relevant
for authentication methods which have online, and offline capability
such as passkey, and smartcard authentication. The default value `match`
sets the offline methods to their corresponding online value. This
enables offline authentication when online kerberos pre-authentication
such as PKINIT, or passkey is supported by the backend, note that online
methods will still be attempted first. Option value `only` can be used
to disable online authentication entirely, or the value `enable:method`
to explicitly enable specific authentication methods, e.g. `enable:passkey`.