This patch should not be pushed to master, but I would like to get it
It should be used to provide a custom build for users experiencing cases
where ldap_search_ext would block (c.f.
would set LDAP_DEBUG_ANY
The attached patch applies cleanly on the RHEL6.1 branch. I also have a
version that applies on master/1.5 if needed.
As I reported on the mailing list:
- sssd.conf man page does not include "autofs" and "ssh" as supported
- sssd-ldap.conf man page should have "not set" instead of "none" as a
default for the directive ldap_sasl_mech.
Considered these are my first patches, I ask you to report to me everything
I made wrong or possibly-doable-better so I can improve for future patches
Please see the attached patches. I tried to split the patches logically
into manageable sets.
Unfortunately I made a minor mistake and I am afraid I will do something
wrong to fix it.
I merged two wrong patches. Fortunately it was three liner with 1 liner
so it is not a big of the deal but I am really scared that I will do
something wrong and loose the work I have done.
So I hope it is Ok to send it as is.
0001--INI-Making-Coverity-happy.patch <- this is the patch I submitted
earlier that I merged by mistake. I was supposed to merge it with patch
25 but picked the wrong one instead.
Patch 25 addresses the real issue found by Coverity as mentioned in
Stephen's review mail but it did not apply cleanly since it relies on
some code from the patches in the middle.
0002--INI-Adding-missing-function-declararion.patch <- this is the
patch that was rejected from the second set sent earlier. Fixed
according to review comment.
0003--BUILD-Allow-trace-per-component.patch <- This patch allows tracing
The following set of patches introduces the merging of sections during
the reading of the file:
Patches related porting of the meta data from old way of doing things to
the new way of doing things:
0021--INI-Avoid-double-free.patch <- patch related to 17 (missed check)
0024--INI-Rename-error-print-function.patch <- rename error printing
function for consistency with new interface
0025--INI-Initialize-variables-in-loops.patch <- Coverity issue
addressed. Related to patch 0001.
0026--INI-Exposing-functions.patch <- Make some internal functions reusable
There is also patch 27. It is a piece of new functionality. It is a
preview. Please see the comment before reviewing it.
Do I need to split it into multiple patches or it is Ok as is? It is
pretty big but all changes are in one file and logically related.
The UNIT test is missing so I am not claiming it actually works as
Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.
Looking to carve out IT costs?
this patch adds a library to map a Windows SID to a Unix uid or gid. My
current plan is to used it for AD trusts on the client and the server
side, this is why the interface allows different kind of memory
>From [PATCH 0/0] A shared memory cache to perform better:
0/4: Actual memory cache implementation
These is the bulk of the work, these patches are still a bit rough at
the edges, grep for FIXMEs and TODOs and you'll see some plumbing (for
example configure options in sssd to set expiration time and cache sizes
are missing and are still harcoded).
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York
The IPA provider should default to looking at the ipa_domain for the dns
discovery domain if it is not explicitly set. The current behavior is to
look at the domain part of the hostname, which may not match.
a few days ago I send a draft patch where the sysdb context is stored
in the domain info struct. I created a patch which is a bot more
conservative than the last one and included the comments by Simo (added
a destructor and don't unconditionally add the context all the time).
This patch will make the handling of sub-domains much easier, because
now only the domain info struct for the sub-domains needs to be