Title: #5257: git-template: add tags to help with release notes automation
This commits add information on several tags that should be used
so we are able to generate release notes on each new release
automatically. This will make release notes more thorough and it
will also simplify the process a lot since it take lots of time
to do it manually.
Why I chose `:tag:` format>
1. Using @ notation creates user references in github so I wanted
to use something different.
2. Using a plain text like (Resolves) leads people to create their
own variations (Fixes, Resolves XYZ, ...) which adds additional
burden to maintainers. Using this format makes it less error
prone and easier to parse.
To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghsssd https://github.com/SSSD/sssd
git fetch ghsssd pull/5257/head:pr5257
git checkout pr5257
# SSSD 2.3.1
The SSSD team is proud to announce the release of version 2.3.1 of the
System Security Services Daemon. The tarball can be downloaded from:
See the full release notes at:
RPM packages will be made available for Fedora shortly.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the sssd-devel
or sssd-users mailing lists:
### New features
- Domains can be now explicitly enabled or disabled using `enable` option in
domain section. This can be especially used in configuration snippets.
- New configuration options `memcache_size_passwd`, `memcache_size_group`,
`memcache_size_initgroups` that can be used to control memory cache size.
### Notable bug fixes
- Fixed several regressions in GPO processing introduced in sssd-2.3.0
- Fixed regression in PAM responder: failures in cache only lookups are
no longer considered fatal
- Fixed regression in proxy provider: `pwfield=x` is now default value
only for `sssd-shadowutils` target
### Packaging changes
- `libwbclient` is now deprecated and is not being built by default (use
`--with-libwibclient` to build it)
### Documentation Changes
- Added option `memcache_size_passwd`
- Added option `memcache_size_group`
- Added option `memcache_size_initgroups`
- Added option `enable` in domain sections
- Minor text improvements