I noticed this bug while working on the SSH fix with
default_domain_suffix. It turns out our filter_users/filter_groups don't
work well in this scenario, which might have effect on the server load
even. Attached are patches that re-initialize negcache with filter_lists
contents after the subdomains are (re)discovered. All patches have
I was reprodicing other bug and it took me some time to find out why I was not
able to resolve user. RID was bigger than range size.
I saw just general message about id mapping failer
[sdap_save_user] (0x0400): Processing user matthewbe
[sdap_save_user] (0x1000): Mapping user [matthewbe] objectSID
[S-1-5-21-2997650941-1802118864-3094776726-200065] to unix ID
[sdap_idmap_sid_to_unix] (0x0080): Could not convert objectSID
[S-1-5-21-2997650941-1802118864-3094776726-200065] to a UNIX ID
Default range size is 200000
[sdap_save_user] (0x0020): Failed to save user [matthewbe]
[sdap_save_users] (0x0040): Failed to store user 0. Ignoring.
Feel free to propose better debug message. I think it would simplify debugging.
Hi guys, I spent some time working at this ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1108 and I think it's finally
ready to be reviewed by others.
Description of the problem and scope of the changes can be found in
the commit message. I also wrote some unit tests but the patch is a
quite long already so I think it would be better to send the tests as
an another patch. Or should I create a patch for each modified file?
Package sssd_220.127.116.11-1 on Debian FTBFS for mips and mipsel.
dyndns_test_ok is failing with following log:
[ RUN ] dyndns_test_ok(Tue Jul 8 15:53:55:004476 2014) [sssd] [be_nsupdate_args] (0x0200): (Tue Jul 8 15:53:55:004521 2014) [sssd] [child_handler_setup] (0x2000): nsupdate auth type: GSS-TSIGSetting up signal handler up for pid (Tue Jul 8 15:53:55:004693 2014) [sssd] [__wrap_execv] (0x0200): nsupdate success test case(Tue Jul 8 15:53:55:004825 2014) [sssd] [__wrap_execv] (0x1000): Child exiting with status 0(Tue Jul 8 15:53:55:005275 2014) [sssd] [child_handler_setup] (0x2000): Signal handler set up for pid (Tue Jul 8 15:54:55:837623 2014) [sssd] [write_pipe_handler] (0x0020): write failed [Broken pipe].(Tue Jul 8 15:54:55:837801 2014) [sssd] [nsupdate_child_stdin_done] (0x1000): Sending nsupdate data complete(Tue Jul 8 15:54:55:837869 2014) [sssd] [nsupdate_child_stdin_done] (0x0040): Sending nsupdate data failed : Broken pipe(Tue Jul 8 15:54:55:837947 2014) [sssd] [be_nsupdate_done] (0x0040): nsupdate child execution failed : Dynamic DNS update failed(Tue Jul 8 15:54:55:837985 2014) [sssd] [dyndns_test_ok] (0x1000): Child request returned : Unknown error 14321582280x555d0014 != 0../src/tests/cmocka/test_dyndns.c:222: error: Failure![ FAILED ] dyndns_test_okChild part has finished before the child handler was created.
I have created and attached a patch which is workaround for this issue.
Could someone please take a look and comment this?
one of our users ran into an interesting problem -- her AD
infrastructure was different from the DNS server. Because by default, we
perform update against the server we're connected to, the DNS update
Per Simo's suggestion, I've implemented a new option that allows the
administrator to override the DNS server used for DNS updates.
I'm sending these incomplete patches for review just to get some feed back.
What is missing:
- support for user's extraAttributes (although get invoker is there)
- ListByNameFilter for both groups and users
attached patch deprecates lockout option in 1-12 branch.
This was discussed in thread: SDAP: Lock out ssh keys when account naturally expires
This patch implements point number 2.
>> I would prefer if we didn't add a new option as well, but since we released
>> a version that only supported the lockout and not any other semantics,
>> I don't think we can get away with just changing the functionality. A
>> minor version can break functionality. But a major version can
>> So I propose the following:
>> 1) Add a new value for ldap_access_order called "ppolicy" that would
>> evaluate the pwdAccountLockedTime fully, including the new
>> functionality in this patchset
>> 2) In 1.12, deprecate the "lockout" option and log a warning that it
>> will be removed in future relase and users should migrate to "ppolicy"
>> 3) In master (1.13), remove the "lockout" ldap_access_order value
I'll send patch for point number 3 in separate thread.
This is my attempt to add basic integration tests. There are almost no tests
there at the moment and this is mostly about the infrastructure and the way we
might do it.
I will be glad to answer any questions and receive any comments or
suggestions. I'm sure I did a lot of things in a wrong way :)