This patch should not be pushed to master, but I would like to get it
It should be used to provide a custom build for users experiencing cases
where ldap_search_ext would block (c.f.
would set LDAP_DEBUG_ANY
The attached patch applies cleanly on the RHEL6.1 branch. I also have a
version that applies on master/1.5 if needed.
Here is a bunch of patches for review:
The unit test was not correct. The paths to files used in the unit test
were wrong. It used function exec instead of system which is bad too.
It was hard to see what is going on so some more verbose output added.
The config files are now copied our of the ini.d directory. The
permission test is adjusted.
Can be squashed into previous one but I decided against it as it is a
change in configure.am not in code.
Patch 1 does all the copying of the files used in the unit test so there
is no need to copy file at the configure stage.
Couple convenience functions for the value object that turned out to be
Patches 4-10 (big!!!):
Definition, implementation, unit tests and docs for the new INI
interface that uses value object instead of the bare strings.
There is a lot of code there but it is mostly inspired by existing
interface. It exists in parallel for the backward compatibility.
Old inteface is still built, just not advertised via the docs. It needs
couple more layers of polish before it can be called complete.
The new interface is mostly a copy of the old interface so no big
logical differences other than ability to have keys with multiple values
in the same file.
For example there is now a way to deal with case like this:
and get all the values for key "file" one at a time.
Plans for the near future:
1) Finish the section merge - it is not complete but when it is this
interface will be completely functional. The goal to that during August.
2) Provide a patch for SSSD to switch to the new interface - for August too.
This is the moment when we can call it v1.
Longer term plans:
1) Add functions to create config file to the interface. Currently it is
a the processing/parsing part, but you can't easily construct the
configuration file, only read it.
2) Add validation as it was originally planned.
I will try to find the victim to do the long term changes as I do not
scale for this any more.
Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
Red Hat Inc.
Looking to carve out IT costs?
As aprt of the work for ticket #1380 I have created a long patchset that
cleans up and refactors some of the ipa subdomain work.
This is in order to be able to refresh subdomains on a periodic basis
and not just when the nss service pings in and also to provide a place
where to trigger an update of the krb5.conf file only when necessary.
The patchset is long (16 patches) but each patch should be small enough
to be easy to review.
The patches have been partially tested, the internal sysdb tests pass,
and I did test on a setup environment, but the setup env was not up to
date, so the test was not complete.
However I am confident that they should work (last famous word) and I am
posting them so that Jakub can take over the second part of the work and
add the code that actually saves the domain_realm info in a file.
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York