Fedora 33 went into Beta freeze yesterday so we need to do a bit of
planning how we handle GNOME megaupdates during that time. This is how
my plan looks like:
GNOME 3.37.91 was released during this weekend. I was keeping an eye on
the modules and built everything as they were released upstream, so we
went into the Beta freeze fully up to date (with the exception of
gnome-terminal and vte291 which are still at 3.36.x versions and need
maintainer attention due to a large number of downstream patches).
The next GNOME release is .92 in two weeks. At that point, we are deep
into the Beta freeze in Fedora land and don't have much schedule room
left. I think it's best to not ask for a freeze break to land .92 at
After that comes the .0 release just one week after .92.
My plan is to collect all the GNOME updates that are released in that
time and put together a megaupdate in Bodhi for .92. If something urgent
comes up during that time (something that warrants a freeze break) then
this should go to Bodhi separately, so that we can pull those individual
fixes through the Beta freeze as needed. Anything else I think it's best
to wait for the .92 megaupdate.
The .92 megaupdate is likely never going to go stable (as we are going
to be in freeze at that point) and is likely just going to get replaced
by .0 megaupdate a week later.
We also have a f33-gnome side tag in koji now. If you are helping with
builds, please use the side tag for any builds that you want to be part
of the megaupdates.
(I've cross-posted this to both the desktop@ and devel@ mailing lists.)