On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:52:22AM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> I think our use of the word "blocker" has taken on a
meaning I didn't
> originally intend. This whole discussion was intended to be about
> go/no-go for switching the default session to Wayland. It is not
> about blocking the F24 release.
We can talk about it at the next meeting; it's at least worth
considering. I normally don't like delaying releases, but if we need a
couple weeks more to get Wayland ready for F24 rather than pushing it
off to F25... it's a major one-time event, seems reasonable to delay a
We're already pushed out a month from idea with F24, which in turn puts
F25 into the second week of November, with an already truncated
schedule. If we push _that_ back at all, we have no choice but to aim
for after Thanksgiving, which in turn puts us at a very real risk of
slipping F25 into January.
If we're cutting it that close, I'd much rather just go with keeping
F24 as on track as possible, and aiming for Wayland in F25 in November
- again, assuming that we can do it with maximum benefit and minimal
fright to users. If it's really not ready, there's no shame in doing it
really well in F26.
Fedora Project Leader