Fedora 26's g-i-s doesn't ask the user if they want to enable 3rd
party software sources. Is this expected?
When I try to install H.264 plugin, it first asks if I want to enable
3rd party software sources, while also claiming this plug-in is
provided by "fedora" so the dialog doesn't seem applicable off hand. I
filed a software bug, but haven't filed a g-i-s bug.
After just doing a fresh install of f26 alpha, i noticed a few things we
might be able to improve with how our users install and use shell
Some of the Shell Extenstions from the GNOME website are available for
download from the Software app in Fedora Workstation, but this only seems
to be a small selection of what is available. The Shell Extenstions area in
Software also shows extenstions that are packaged up in the repos for
Fedora. The questions i have here are:
* How do we get more of the GNOME Shell Extenstions Site (GSES) based ones
* Many of the GSES extenstions in Software don't have screenshots, and
their descriptions are pretty minimal. How can we work to make these better?
* A handful of the GSES ones that show in software are of questionable use
for Fedora Workstation. Such as:
* The extenstions that are in the Fedora repos are listed twice in the
* We install a few of the extenstions from the repos on Workstation by
default (such as gnome-shell-extension-alternate-tab) and the GSES version
shown in software is the one listed as "Installed" -- this furthers the
confusion of having two of the same listed in Software
* None of the extensions that are in the repos seem to be installable from
GNOME-Software. They just fail silently in the interface. For example in
F26, i tried to install OpenWeather from the repos via Software, and it
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, circumstances make me again unable to
chair this edition of the meeting. (The next one should be fine.)
I need a substitute chair who can handle running the meeting and doing
the meetbot stuff. Is there a volunteer?
* * *
If you have additions or corrections for this agenda, please send by
the end of this weekend. Our meeting will be held as usual on Monday,
2017-Apr-10 at 1300 UTC (09:00 US Eastern).
Since last meeting agenda was hijacked :-) here we are again:
* F26 Marketing talking points - stickster
* Point out URL and requesting edits (info)
* Alpha release: any feedback to consider? - entire WG
* Atomic Host based Workstation - otaylor
* This has been continued several times, can Owen attend this week?
* What are the next steps to align better with Colin's ostree work?
What rel-eng, infra, other work needs owners and due dates?
* Plymouth/keyboard layout issue - mclasen
* This is a non-trivial fix. Although now it's not a blocker, has
there been any developer discussion of how to address?
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
The open source story continues to grow: http://opensource.com