I meant to send this out sooner, but with the Fedora 20 release things
have been crazy. :) Now that we are nearing the end of 2013, I think it
might be a nice time to think ahead to next year.
What would you love to see happen? What would you like to work on
(even if it's not practical resource wise or logistically)
Here's a list of some of mine:
* 0 downtime upgrades. By this I mean we can update and reboot all our
servers (probibly in some specific order with specific actions
between) and not have to schedule any downtime or notify users
anything is going on. This means at least that we have db
replication/failover working and 2 of everything.
* Migration to ansible fully done, with all hosts moved over and
rebuilt and working.
* Migration to RHEL7. :)
* Ticket queue down to a very small set. When I first started it was
gigantic, then I closed/fixed/redirected a lot of the ticket and we
started going down in number, but over the last year or so we have
hovered between 140-150.
* Migration to hyperkitty/mailman3 complete with all lists moved.
* All hosts selinux enforcing. :)
* No "app" servers left. All applications split out to their own (at
least pair) of instances.
* Logging from every app/server goes to a known place and we process
them all looking for problems.
I'll probibly think of some more, will send them to this thread when I
do. So how about you? Any big dreams for 2014? Hopefully we can make at
least some of them real.