Good Morning Everyone,
Our infrastructure is mostly a python store, meaning almost all our apps are
written in python and most using wsgi.
However in python we are using a number of framework:
* flask for most
* pyramid for some of the biggest (bodhi, FAS3)
* Django (askbot, Hyperkitty)
* TurboGears2 (fedora-packages)
* aiohttp (python3, async app: mdapi)
While this makes sometime things difficult, these are fairly standard framework
and most of our developers are able to help on all.
However, as I see us starting to look at JS for some of our apps (fedora-hubs,
wartaa...), I wonder if we could start the discussion early about the different
framework and eventually see if we can unify around one.
This would also allow those of us not familiar with any JS framework to look at
the recommended one instead of picking one up semi-randomly.
So has anyone experience with one or more JS framework? Do you have one that
would you recommend? Why?
Thanks for your inputs,
As some of you may be aware there has been chatter around having the
documentation for infrastructure and release engineering centralised in one
A possible solution to this is to move all of these under a new section on
docs.fedoraproject.org called something like Infrastructure and Release
Engineering (very original I know).
We could then go about moving docs which are suitable from currrent
locations to the new central point. Each doc should be updated before
moving and the old document should be updated to only contain a link to the
new doc to avoid a case of multiple versions of a doc (https://xkcd.com/927/
The following links contain the bulk of the documentation:
These would be the suggested first steps with other docs to follow if/when
these are completed.
As I say this is just a possible solution so as always all feedback and
suggestions are encouraged and welcomed.
We are now in the infrastructure freeze leading up to the Fedora 35
Beta release. This is a pre release freeze.
We do this to ensure that our infrastructure is stable and ready to
release the Fedora 34 Beta when it's available.
You can see a list of hosts that do not freeze by checking out the
ansible repo and running the freezelist script:
ansible/scripts/freezelist -i inventory
Any hosts listed as freezes is frozen until 2021-09-14 (or later if
release slips). Frozen hosts should have no changes made to them without
a sign-off on the change from at least 2 sysadmin-main or rel-eng
members, along with (in most cases) a patch of the exact change to be
made to this list or a pull request for review.
Since branching, I've put out a new version of fedora-repo-zdicts with
dictionaries for F35 and updated dictionaries for Rawhide. This
version (2108.1) is now available in all active Fedora/EPEL branches, I
Can we update fedora-repo-zdicts on the branched and rawhide composers
so they get the latest dictionaries when creating the repodata? Or do
we need to wait until the beta freeze ends?
Just wondering if there is anyone around here that is actively (or
semi-actively) maintaining the Fedora Badges system(s).
The reason for this query is that we are currently working on the
datanommer / datagrepper transition to Fedora Messaging, and Fedora
Badges is revealing itself to be a special side-case.
The majority of applications use the datagrepper JSON API to interact
with the store of messages that datanommer stuffs into its database.
However, badges appears to have direct access to the datanommer DB
using the datanommer.models module (which we use in datagrepper too,
obviously) Note too that FMN also hase this direct access rather than
This in of itself doesnt seem to be a huge issue to the migration, as
the grep method of datanommer.models has not changed its API (which is
all these apps use to get data with), so in theory, we just need to
update datanommer.models on these applications and everything should
However, neither of these applications are running currently on
staging, so there is nowhere fo us to test this out.
Long story long, just wondering if anyone is aware of any activeish
maintainers of these items so we can discuss further.
I have a Freeze break request for review. I would like to add a host group
for the openshift hosts in ipa so that we can give access to the
Any +1's from sysadmin-main/releng greatly appreciated
p.s. if this sounds familiar to you it is because this pull request was
supposed to do that originally but I didn't realise the hostgroup didn't
Not long ago we were given more memory and disk space for our s390x kvm
lpar (logical partition). I have on my list to redo those builders and
figure out the best number to have and what resources, etc...
I still plan to do this after beta freeze.
In the mean time some packagers are hitting out of memory conditions on
those builders and the memory is there idle, so I'd like to just double
all the memory on them.
This would entail:
* disable buildvm-s390x-15 to buildvm-s390x-24 in koji
* wait for all ongoing jobs to finish, or just free them
* take all those buildvm's down and double memory in their config
* bring back up and re-enable in koji.
Should be a quick and easy thing, will help packagers now and shouldn't
Can I get +1s from sysadmin-main or releng folks?