I have a dns patch for review.
We would like to add a second datanommer db server
so that we can migrate the current database to it and
make some changes such as adding the timescaledb
plugin to improve performance. This second server would
allow the migration to happen without affecting the main
The patch is available to view here:
Please chime in with comments or +1's
It turns out that the configuration for rhbz was changed without an announcement and now the max number of bugs returned for any query is 20. Some of the queries that we use in blockerbugs return more than 20 bugs so I have a hotfix to deal with the new pagination requirements. I've attached the patch to this email.
I'd like to apply this patch to production. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of a non-trivial rewrite that's currently on stg so testing the patch isn't really an option and that code isn't ready for production use right now.
Over the last weeks we prepared adding CentOS Stream to Fedora's
MirrorManager instance and are now at a point where we would like to
push the changes to ansible.
The current state can be seen at:
(https just broke over the weekend)
To enable CentOS Stream in MirrorManager not only configuration file
changes are necessary, but it also requires an update of all software
components. This is mainly due to the fact that CentOS Stream is using
an empty topdir. (topdir in MirrorManager are things like 'epel/' or
'fedora/linux' or 'fedora-secondary/').
Unfortunately all code assumed that topdir is not '' and hard-coded the
removal of a slash all over the place.
All corresponding projects have been update to handle empty topdirs.
To apply https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/pull-request/775 for
prod I need this FBR.
There are risks doing code changes like this during a freeze. So far I
have not seen any problems in staging, but staging is not using using
MirrorManager as thoroughly as prod. I don't expect any major problems
with this change.
I hope someone from the CentOS team can weigh if this is very time
critical to get running or if we can wait until after the freeze.
This is a request to run the batcave playbook to update rbac permissions to
allow the sysadmin-openshift group to run all the openshift playbooks in
The group currently contains the people who are putting up the new
openshift 4 cluster along with myself. This would give the group a large
amount of permissions so in future there would be a relatively high bar for
joining the group.
Please feel free to share thoughts or +1's
So, it turns out the additional debugging we setup in that sssd package
on the ipsilon servers isn't sufficent to show what the problem is. ;(
sssd developers would like us to crank up debugging to try and get logs
of whats happening. Unfortunately, this will use a ton of disk space,
which these vm's do not have much of. ;(
I was going to ask to grow the disk on ipsilon02, but I think perhaps
cleaner would be to create a NFS volume and mount it on /var/log/sssd/
on ipsilon02. This way we don't need to actually take the machine down
and it's really easy to back out.
So, can I get +1s to:
* make a NFS volume and mount it on /var/log/sssd on ipsilon02
* adjust ipsilon02's sssd to enable crazy levels of debug.
* restart sssd and wait for the next failure.
+1s? other ideas?
This time I just want +1s to run the ipsilon playbook.
This will deploy the OIDC client data for the production ocp cluster we
are working on bringing up. It shouldn't cause any problems and woud be
easy to back out.
Hi Infrastructure folks! We're getting ready to launch our Matrix server. As
part of that, I have two things I'd like your input on.
1. I find the bot reports in #fedora-admin and other places to be
overwhelming. Do people find these useful at all? If there is a reason to
keep them, could they be moved to a new room like #fedora-admin-bot or
something? I think this will help keep it a friendly space for
non-bot users of the room.
2. We have the ability to group channels into Spaces. We've aready got a
"Teams" space, but for some groups it seems like it might be useful to
go further. Would it be useful to create an "Infra" subspace, and if so,
what channels should go under this?
Fedora Project Leader
We have been having a sporadic issue for a while now where sssd on
ipsilon01 and/or ipsilon02 goes into a error state and starts rejecting
everyone's logins. ;( See https://fedorastatus.org and the ticket on
this. It's really quite irritating.
We have raised a ticket with sssd upstream and they need more
information to find the bug. Toward that end, they have made a build of
sssd that has debugging particular to this failure in it.
So, I'd like to upgrade ipsilon01/02 to this debugging sssd build and
wait for the problem to re-occur and get them the info they hopefully
need to fix it.
This build just has a small debugging patch on top of the existing
fedora 34 build we are using now. We should be able to dnf distro-sync
anytime to get back to the stock one.
Can I get +1s to do this? :)