has rolled out support for subcomponents in their
for more info
I suspect we will have some packages that will want to take advantage
of these. I know the kernel maintainers have expressed interest in it.
In their case, they want to be able to put bugs (or have them just
filed in) subcomponents with different owner/cc lists.
So, I'd like to collect questions and gather information from
maintainers on what they would use this for and get FESCo to look at
the policy issues before we implement anything.
Off the top of my head:
- Who can use subcomponents? Any package? Packages that are acked by
FESCo or some other body?
- Who manages the subcomponents point of contact and cc? maintainers of
the primary component, or should the subcomponents have different
- pkgdb2 is close to a early release, do we want to try and add support
for subcomponents before we release it? Or just push it later in a
update/point release? In any case we might think about how to make
implementing things easier now even if we don't implement anything
- If we don't implement now, is there some hacky way we can still do
things for a limited number of components? Like say the kernel?
- We will need to modify our sync to bugzilla scripts to handle
subcomponents. Not sure how much work this will be. ;(
Other thoughts or ideas?