A few things I'd like to change starting tomorrow (post-freeze).
* change the MM update-master-directory-list cronjob to start at 0 and
30 past the hour, from its current schedule of trying to start every
15 minutes. It is taking about 20 minutes on average to run, so
really is only running twice an hour anyhow.
* bump back the MM update-mirrorlist cronjob to start at :40 past the
hour. It takes about 20 minutes to complete, and I would like the
new content to land at the top of the hour.
* in modules/rsync/files/rsyncd.conf.secondary1, exclude alt/stage.
Mirrors shouldn't be able to sync this content.
* in MM prod.cfg, exclude pub/alt/stage. Mirrors shouldn't have
this content, and it's extra directory walks we don't need.
* increase the number of crawlers, from 45 to 75. A full run is
taking about 3 hours now, I'd like to bring this down to under 2.
This only affects bapp1, whose load average is still under 1 and has
plenty of free RAM and CPU it seems.
Objections or comments?
Linux Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO