I've pshed Genshi 0.5 into Rawhide (should appear tomorrow). I've
been using it locally on some CentOS and Fedora boxes with good
success (even with some TG apps I use in-house) but I don't want to
break any of the Fedora apps if I don't have to. So, I'll hold off on
pushing Genshi 0.5 into anything but Rawhide until we can test the
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alec Thomas <alec(a)swapoff.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Subject: [Trac-dev] Genshi 0.5 released (Transformer heads up for Trac
Genshi 0.5 has been released!
But the reason for this mail is just a heads up about the Transformer filter.
I made some much-needed changes  to the Transformer filter that
*may* affect Trac plugins that use it. It's unlikely, but just in case
you notice odd changes in behaviour, this change could be the culprit.
As a sample, Vote, Tags and Hackergotchi all worked fine.
Changeset description reproduced here for convenience:
- Content-insertion transformations (before, after, etc.) now accept
- .prepend() now only operates on elements. Previously it also
operated on OUTSIDE marked events.
- Where it makes sense, transformations are now consistently applied
to individually selected objects in the document, rather than on any
contiguous selection. This means that adjacent selected elements will
be treated individually rather than as a whole.
- Transformations should now consistently work on the context node.
- .substitute() now defaults to a count of 0 (ie. all) rather than 1.
This is to be consistent with Python's regex substitution.
- ATTR events now have a kind of ATTR in addition to having this as their mark.
- Added the BREAK mark. This allows cuts of otherwise seamlessly
joined objects to be operated on.
- Added a full test suite.
Evolution: Taking care of those too stupid to take care of themselves.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Trac Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to trac-dev(a)googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at