Fedora Server Folks,
I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this but I think my goals match
the Fedora Server SIG goals fairly well. I've been a member of the list
server for a while now but it's not very busy. Anyway let's get down to
My goal is 100% RPM install for applications. My company is mostly there
but there are a few issues that are caused by the distribution that's why
Internal yum repo. We use an internal yum repo so that all of our server
don't have to go out to the internet BUT the fedora-release RPM is causing
1) /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora*.repo files cannot be removed or better yet
2) /etc/yum.repos.d is provided by fedora-release instead of
filesystem or yum itself.
This sort of customization you'll need to do on your end, with a config
RPM, cfengine, puppet, etc.
chrony - It looks like I'm going to like chrony better than ntp
1) I'd like a way to specify our internal servers in a /etc/chrony.d/
like configurations instead of editing /etc/chrony.conf
httpd-on, couchdb-on, etc...
1) doesn't every body need these too? Why can't this just be part of
If you're referring to having these enabled by default, set that in your
kickstart with chkconfig. If not, please clarify.
1) Can we get the wrapper stuff from spacewalk as part of some
Not Free/OSS software, can't be in Fedora. If you're already running your
own internal-only repo, you can put this there and include in your
I await your comments.
server mailing list
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love