On 06/23/2009 10:39 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
Rahul Sundaram said the following on 06/23/2009 06:59 AM Pacific
> On 06/22/2009 10:25 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I volunteered to serve as the temporary "spins wrangler" for Fedora
>> I will not be able to serve in this capacity for Fedora 12 so I am
>> no longer watching the spins categories for pages that need to be
>> reviewed. Anyone interested in the spins process should consider
>> volunteering to take this on.
> Before volunteering, it would be useful to know what the job
> responsibilities are and how much time it is expected to take for a
> release cycle.
> I could volunteer once I understand what is expected a bit more.
Basic job responsibilities are (the ones I performed):
watch for pages that are ready for review by the SIG
2) If the page is complete and follows the all the requirements of the
template move the page to
3) If a page in
ready for SIG review move to
4) If a page is approved by the SIG move it to
5) Maintain https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/<release
6) General oversight of the Spins process and encouraging things along
when they get stuck.
New responsibilities which would help spins SIG:
1) Coordinate testing of the individual spins for each test release and
GA and make sure testing is tracked and completed on time.
2) Coordinate the release announcement at GA announcing the spins for
3) Keep the spins process up to date and easy to understand:
4) Remind people of upcoming schedule milestones and freezes
I would like to have a meeting on this as soon as possible, and continue
to have regular meetings at regular intervals. My time constraints
though limit my availability, as I can imagine other people's time
constraints them somehow.
Monday Juli 6th, 17:00 UTC, sounds like a good time to get together and
continue our conversations about the Spins SIG, as we have a pretty load
of work to do in this Fedora 12 development cycle.
We should address at least the following topics, so maybe we can start a
conversation on the mailing list before we have the actual meeting;
- Spins Process (details, keep-it-simple-stupid)
- Tasks for the Spins SIG attached to each milestone
- Tasks for the Spin maintainers attached to each milestone
- Packaging (fedora-spins vs. custom-spins vs. spin-kickstarts as it is now)
- Testing (from last cycle's experiences and impressions)
- Our meeting time and recurring meeting schedule
- Increasing the level of participation by maintainers and other people
interested in Spins, but not yet part of the Spins SIG yet.
And any other given topic you feel like we need to discuss.
Jeroen van Meeuwen