Rahul Sundaram said the following on 06/23/2009 06:59 AM Pacific Time:
On 06/22/2009 10:25 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> I volunteered to serve as the temporary "spins wrangler" for Fedora 11.
> I will not be able to serve in this capacity for Fedora 12 so I am
> no longer watching the spins categories for pages that need to be
> reviewed. Anyone interested in the spins process should consider
> volunteering to take this on.
Before volunteering, it would be useful to know what the job
responsibilities are and how much time it is expected to take for a
I could volunteer once I understand what is expected a bit more.
Basic job responsibilities are (the ones I performed):
watch for pages that are ready for review by the SIG
2) If the page is complete and follows the all the requirements of the
template move the page to
3) If a page in
ready for SIG review move to
4) If a page is approved by the SIG move it to
5) Maintain https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/<release
6) General oversight of the Spins process and encouraging things along
when they get stuck.
New responsibilities which would help spins SIG:
1) Coordinate testing of the individual spins for each test release and
GA and make sure testing is tracked and completed on time.
2) Coordinate the release announcement at GA announcing the spins for
3) Keep the spins process up to date and easy to understand:
4) Remind people of upcoming schedule milestones and freezes