I don't want to rush on any API/ABI additions. Also note I will be out
and incommunicado from this Friday through September 5th. So if you
want a release soon (which I think is a fine thing), we should just tie
up the pure fixes and backend additions this week and let more additions
wait for the next release.
libelf: elf*_xlatetomd now works for cross-endian elf note data.
elf_getshdr now works consistently on non-mmaped ELF files
This is just a bug fix and I don't think it needs to be described this way.
Support for DWZ multifile forms DW_FORM_GNU_ref_alt/strp_alt.
This is a problematic addition that opens new security issues in the
tools. Since DWZ is not yet in wide use, if we want to make a release
soon perhaps we should disable some of this support. It's also an
extreme API layering violation. Doing this in a responsible way needs
much more thought, so I think the only right thing to do for an imminent
release is to disable the libdw support entirely.