On 11/20/20 8:36 AM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
IMO, too early. PipeWire is too unstable yet. I suggest postpone this
proposal to Fedora 35.
The person who wrote the change proposal is the lead developer of
Pipewire. He believes it is stable enough (or will be) by the time F34
branches. And to be honest, it won't get enough testing without being
*at least* submitted to Rawhide.
With my Fedora Jam hat on (read: professional audio), I believe it's the
right move. It's stable *enough* and needs to be tested by the public.
If it's still too unstable, then there's a contingency plan. BUT, if we
don't move forward *now* we'll wait another decade, and be in the same
situation that Wayland is in.
The time to move forward is *now*. If we keep being scared, we'll never