On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 14:24 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
Unblocked orphan glade2
I'll take that at least for the time being, because glade3 on F-12
(glade3-3.6.7-2.fc12.x86_64) e.g. doesn't correctly understand my legacy
- I've not found any open bugs for it, so I don't expect too much
- I understand that upstream is working on glade3 and ignoring glade2,
but this tool needs to stay until glade3 properly understands legacy
glade2-generated files, doesn't have obvious problems like
default for VBox". AFAIK this is essential so that people can sensibly
convert their existing glade projects to gtkbuilder. Having to do UIs
from scratch is not a viable option. If there are other, more robust
glade2 to gtkbuilder converters I'd like to know about it.
- The current F-12 version spits out meters of warnings on the command
line, without even loading a file.
- How quick we can expect fixes in glade3 is a good question, the last
upstream version 3.6.7 is from June 09. The aforementioned BZ ticket is
open since August 09 without maintainer reaction, it seems that the
maintainer has changed in the meantime, I've reassigned the bug to the
current BZ maintainer.
- If so desired, I'll put a warning in the glade2 package and issue and
update so that people don't use it for new projects.
- I know that we want people to convert their stuff to GtkBuilder and
that glade2 living longer doesn't help with that. As long as glade3 has
these problems, projects which have legacy glade files need to somehow
Feel free to comment.
Nils Philippsen "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty
nils(a)redhat.com nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
PGP fingerprint: C4A8 9474 5C4C ADE3 2B8F 656D 47D8 9B65 6951 3011