On Mon, 07 May 2012 22:24:15 +0200, Bill Nottingham wrote:
4) I disagree with the contention that this should all be done via
retrace server. For the retrace server to work, you have to have
all of the following:
- all relevant binaries and DSOs built in Fedora
When we are considering Fedora Bugzilla bugreports then it is valid.
Custom downloaded binaries will not have this compressed-.symtab anyway.
- all relevant binary and DSO information imported into the retrace
It is present there.
- a working connection to fedoraproject.org
- sufficient bandwidth to transmit the core information
This can be further optimized down to several KBs, if it is a concern.
- retrace server capacity and availablilty
AFAIK Retrace Server has not reached yet its capacity. If it does Retrace
Server is easily replicable to arbitrary number of machines.
You seem to think Retrace Server is impossible to implement.
Do you find its current functionality is lacking somehow?
For this to provide a reasonable amount of information, all you need
- an unwinder
The problem is .symtab is not sufficient information for a backtrace.
It depends on what do you consider by the term 'backtrace'.