Running Rawhide, I don't think there is a need to postpone this, if the
PipeWire and PA are easily swap-able and that should be possible next
week as far as I understand your plan. That means everybody will be able
to switch back to PA if there are issues. That should be good for
Rawhide as well as F34.
Dne 25. 11. 20 v 15:18 Wim Taymans napsal(a):
So, the current sentiment is:
* provide an easy way to test in f33, either copr or with regular packages.
- rawhide is a not a good place to get good testing anyway
* encourage people to test. Provide instructions on how to do this and how to
* Carry this over to f34, probably with just the packages/easier switch.
* propose permanent switch for f35
- it gets at least full cycle of testing (f34 + part of f33)
* re-evaluate situation for f35 beta freeze to make a default switch.
Although a bit slower than expected, I guess more testing is good. It sounds
like an acceptable plan to me.
I'm not sure how it works, if spinoffs can/want to make an earlier switch?
devel mailing list -- devel(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe send an email to devel-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines