Am 06.02.2012 17:42, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
On 02/06/2012 10:08 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> it is a "Fedora development" discussion and no there is not
> a bugreport the right answer because it is a WRONG desicion
> made in Fedora some releases ago to hide the boot-menu
why a CentOS user wants to boot into a alternative kernel is not a
Fedora development discussion
it is a GENERAL discussion affecting fedora too and was
introduced in CentOS from fedora
and the GRUB maintainer does not believe
it is wrong to hide the GRUB menu by default.
and if this is a well thought decision i wanted to point out again
in your arguments if you have any.
why do you not read the arguments?
* a new user does not know anything about the menu
* a new user fall into a boot problem after update
* the user has only one computer
* the user possibly has no LiveCD
* the user can not go to any documentation because his machine refuses to boot
* you can not educate the user after lost this game
so what is the glory of hide well thought features from users?