= Proposed System Wide Change: GHC 7.8 =
Change owner(s): Jens Petersen <petersen(a)redhat.com>, Ricky Elrod
<relrod(a)redhat.com>, Haskell_SIG <haskell(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Update the GHC Haskell compiler to the major new 7.8 release, and
update/rebuild all Haskell packages against it.
== Detailed Description ==
* The involves updating ghc from 7.6.3 to 7.8.1 (or later), and
rebuilding/updating all Fedora Haskell packages.
* The initial work will be done locally offline to make sure that it is possible
to build all our packages with ghc-7.8 and the latest updated libraries.
* This may also include building with the llvm backend to ensure that building
on ARM will work.
* Once that is completed, building will be done into Koji for rawhide and
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
** locally test rebuilding and updating of all packages
** update macros to subpackage static libraries
** push changes to Koji
* Other developers:
** If you own a package which contains some Haskell code built with ghc you
will need to rebuild you package to make sure it still rebuilds with ghc-7.8.
Feel free to contact the Haskell SIG if we need assistance with fixing any
build breakage, and we will try to help out.
* Release engineering: not required
* Policies and guidelines:
** There may be some lesser changes to the Haskell Packaging Guidelines needed
- they could be done after this Change.
devel-announce mailing list