This is your final reminder that if you have a Change proposal that
requires changes to Infrastructure, those proposals must be submitted
(i.e. in ChangeReadyForWrangler category) today.
Other deadlines approaching:
* 2019-01-08 — Changes requiring mass rebuild
* 2019-01-08 — System-Wide changes
* 2019-01-29 — Self-Contained changes
Fedora Program Manager
= Enabling Python Generators by default =
== Summary ==
This change enables the Python module dependency generator for
packages that provide Python Egg/Wheel metadata by default (this was
[[Changes/EnablingPythonGenerators|opt-in since Fedora 28]]).
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:ignatenkobrain|Igor Gnatenko]], [[User:ngompa|Neal Gompa]]
* Email: ignatenkobrain(a)fedoraproject.org, ngompa13(a)gmail.com
* Release notes owner:
== Detailed Description ==
Please see [[Changes/EnablingPythonGenerators#Detailed_Description|detailed
description from original change]] for information how it works and
In this change we will switch opt-in into opt-out.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
All the benefits as stated in
will be turned on for all packages (unless they opt-out).
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Flip the switch (in python-rpm-generators) and
adjust python-rpm-macros to make feature be opt-out. Send patches to
packages to remove unnecessary manual-specified dependencies.
* Other developers: Packagers are strongly advised to remove
manually-specified python dependencies if they are set in egg/wheel
* Release engineering: [https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7965 #7965]
(change should be implemented before mass rebuild)
* Policies and guidelines: Python Guidelines needs to be updated with
instructions how to disable the feature.
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
Some new dependencies might be automatically added, but this is rather
good because it fixes real bugs.
== How To Test ==
== User Experience ==
Users will see less number of packages with missing dependency information.
== Dependencies ==
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) Owners will
revert change and postpone it to next release.
* Contingency deadline: Beta freeze.
== Documentation ==
Packaging guidelines already contain
information how this feature work].
Fedora Program Manager
I haven't seen any posts about this but is anyone else having problem
with audio after an upgrade? - it happens with both PulseAudio and with
just basic ALSA. I have a relatively simple setup:
description: Audio device
product: 200 Series PCH HD Audio
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 1f.3
bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.3
width: 64 bits
capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=snd_hda_intel latency=32
resources: irq:133 memory:df140000-df143fff
The audio is bearable for spoken stuff but for music it is not . . very
staticky - like a recording done with a very old, cheap microphone . .
PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794