Fedora 21 Alpha Release Readiness Meeting.
date: 2014-09-04 place: irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting-2
time: 19:00 UTC (3 PM EDT, 12 PM PDT, 21:00 CEST)
This Thursday, September 04, we will meet to make sure we are coordinated
and ready for the Alpha release of Fedora 21 on Tuesday, September 09, 2014.
Please note that this meeting will occur on September 04 even if the
release is delayed at the Go/No-Go meeting on the same day two hours
You may received this message several times, but I was asked to open this
meeting to the teams and I'll also hope this will raise awareness and more
team representatives will come to this meeting. This meeting works best
when we have representatives from all of the teams.
devel-announce mailing list
I've updated libappstream-glib to 0.3.0 in rawhide, which bumps
soname. I'll take care of rebuilding gnome-software after the .91
upstream release later today. No other packages should be affected.
Join us on irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting-2 for this important
meeting, wherein we shall determine the readiness of the Fedora 21 Alpha.
Thursday, September 04, 2014 17:00 UTC (1 PM EDT, 10 AM PDT, 19:00 CEST)
"Before each public release Development, QA and Release Engineering meet
to determine if the release criteria are met for a particular release.
This meeting is called the Go/No-Go Meeting."
"Verifying that the Release criteria are met is the responsibility of
the QA Team."
Release Candidate (RC) availability and good QA coverage are prerequisites
for the Go/No-Go meeting.
For more details about this meeting see:
In the meantime, keep an eye on the Fedora 21 Alpha Blocker list:
test-announce mailing list
# Fedora Quality Assurance Meeting
# Date: 2014-09-01
# Time: 15:00 UTC
# Location: #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
It's meeting time tomorrow/today! We're still treading water on Alpha,
unfortunately - it'd be good to sync up with releng, so I'm CCing them
on this email. We really need to get a full-ish TC that's not as busted
as TC4 or TC5 done so we can at least do a full validation run.
If I was going to be around tomorrow I'd also suggest doing some
planning for Beta criteria/test case updates, and talk about moztrap a
bit, but I think I'll be away - tomorrow's a public holiday here in
Canada, and I think I'm going to be out for breakfast. So it'll have to
wait :) I hope someone else will be able to lead the meeting. Thanks!
== Proposed Agenda Topics ==
1. Previous meeting follow-up
* adamw and apeter to sync up on trialling moztrap for l10n test day
(my status on this is 'no news', sorry! please re-add it)
* FranciscoD or amita or roshi to write GNOME Test Day post for Fedora
2. Fedora 21 status
* TC4 / TC5 / nightly testing notes?
* TC6 plan?
3. Open floor
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
test-announce mailing list