As a first step towards migration to a lshw based inventory gathering system , I have
first collected the data that we are currently gathering. Here they are with the
- Model name
- Processors (number of CPUs)
- CPU Flags
Notes: same fields for all archs are recorded. Some of them are not
relevant to non-x86 architectures and are hard coded to 0. On the
other hand, these archs have some fields of potential interest which
are hence not being recorded.
- Vendor ID
- Device ID
- subsys Vendor ID
- subsys Device ID
- Running under a hypervisor or not
- Number of NUMA nodes
- System vendor
- System model
- System form factor
- Disks: Model, sector size, geometry, etc.
Key value data
- Uses the data above to create a collection of key value fields
- Creates some additional fields (such as PCIID and USBID for devices)
Data collected but not stored
- Some of the data collected are not stored currently: kernel modules, network
interfaces, using multipath or not, disk controller with the disk
If there is anything I may have missed, please add to it. If there is anything which we
gather, please do the same.
Amit Saha <http://echorand.me>
Software Engineering and Development
Red Hat, Inc.