On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 13:25 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
I would like to remind everyone about this meeting scheduled for
tomorrow. Unfortunately, Chris cannot make this time slot so we will
look to change it in future meetings if needed, but let's have a meeting
tomorrow just to get some movement before the end of the week.
Actually, I'm going to skip my other meeting :-)
0). Package build status (Jon? Jared?)
- How many packages are now build in Koji, which have failed.
how close are we to having the minimal install set?
1). Packages that require attention
- We discussed gcc/glibc a bit so far
- Also other packages, make sure everyone knows what's needed.
- Timeline for being able to get these fixed.
2). Acceptable criteria for Fedora 15
- We need to get this release out asap to get to rawhide
- What is the minimal set from item 1 above we can take?
3). Plan for getting started with Rawhide work
- Peter to help lead this effort, update us on strategy.
- Need to target end of January pre-branch.
- Backup plan for if we miss the branch.
4). Build system improvements
- Keep to specific short term recommendations
- Dennis suggests moving the database
- Red Hat happy to fund some short lifespan SD Cards to move
buildroots temporarily while waiting on new server hardware.
Brief pre-update on this...
- createrepo moved off HongKong to multiple x86 boxes
- postgresql moved to SSD on HongKong
New disks and SSDs are heading this way on Friday, so next week we'll be
spreading the load over more boxes and more spindles:
- koji hub + web
- no longer running the database and /mnt/koji NFS export
- NFS export of scratch space for builders
- gains additional spindles
- postgresql server (on SSD)
- /mnt/koji export (on SSD)
* England, NewZealand
This will involve some significant downtime next week (mail to follow
5). Any other business.
- Raspberry Pi update (perhaps next week from Chris)
- OLPC update, other boards and systems
- Planning for FUDCon in January (demo? hackathon?)
+I'd like to talk about build-drive visibility.