"No GPUs found with udev" gnome-shell error on Raspberry Pi 3b+
by Brion Vibber
I've got a Raspberry Pi 3b+ with Fedora 30 on SD cards running armv7 and
aarch64. I recently installed updates with dnf on both after a few weeks,
and after reboot I can no longer get into a graphical login.
The shell fails to find a GPU which leads the session to fail:
Apr 26 02:49:52 lilbit gnome-shell: Failed to create backend: No GPUs
found with udev
Apr 26 02:49:52 lilbit gnome-session: gnome-session-binary:
WARNING: App 'org.gnome.Shell.desktop' exited with code 1
Apr 26 02:49:52 lilbit gnome-session-binary: WARNING: App
'org.gnome.Shell.desktop' exited with code 1
Apr 26 02:49:52 lilbit gnome-session-binary: Unrecoverable failure in
required component org.gnome.Shell.desktop
Apr 26 02:49:52 lilbit systemd-logind: Failed to restore VT, ignoring:
(Don't mind the wrong date, the system clock is wrong until networking
These SD cards were originally installed with Fedora 29 and upgraded via
dnf-system-upgrade, so that might lead to something funky in the boot
partitions perhaps; if that's an expected sort of failure I can just
Thanks for any advice!
3 years, 8 months
support package for Helios4
by Dan Horák
as a fresh owner of the Helios4 NAS (batch 3) I've prepared a rpm with
some bits to make the user experience better. It could be done with
ansible playbook too, but I think a rpm is more convenient in this case.
It simply packs
- modules-load file to force load lm75 that's not loaded automagically
- udev rules for the temperature sensors symlinks from Armbian
- fancontrol config file using the symlinks
- Requires: lm_sensors for fancontrol, i2c-tools for the OLED display
shipped with batch 3
The fancontrol config is set for the single PWM control (j10) that's
available in mainline (and Fedora) kernels. The source rpm contains
also the Armbian's config with both fans, but this relies on the
out-of-tree patch , which now requires rebasing.
- ship a script controlling the OLED display
- rebase the gpio/PWM patch and build some kernel with it
Right now I'm running it with the bottom fan (uncontrolled) fan
disconnected and it doesn't seem to be running too hot. But use this
method on your own risk.
Comments, contributions, etc are welcome :-)
3 years, 8 months
Fedora ARM & AArch64 Status Meeting Minutes 2019-08-27
by Paul Whalen
#fedora-meeting-2: Fedora ARM and AArch64 Status Meeting
Meeting started by pwhalen at 15:00:59 UTC. The full logs are available
* roll call (pwhalen, 15:01:00)
* 1) ==== Userspace Status ==== (pwhalen, 15:04:48)
* No new issues reported. (pwhalen, 15:06:02)
* 2) ==== Kernel Status ==== (pwhalen, 15:06:15)
* F31: kernel-5.3.0-0.rc6.git0.1.fc31 (pwhalen, 15:06:25)
* LINK: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1364299
* F30: kernel-5.2.10-200.fc30 (pwhalen, 15:08:48)
* LINK: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1364657
* Kernel oops on BeagleBone Black (pwhalen, 15:10:16)
* LINK: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1740605
* Please test and report any issues to the list or #fedora-arm.
* 3) ==== Bootloader Status ==== (pwhalen, 15:12:34)
* uboot-tools-2019.10-0.2.rc2.fc31 (pwhalen, 15:12:45)
* LINK: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1364289
* uboot-tools-2019.10-0.3.rc3.fc31 (still building) (pwhalen,
* LINK: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1365901
* 4) ==== Fedora 31 ==== (pwhalen, 15:18:52)
* Fedora 31 Beta Freeze is today! (pwhalen, 15:19:06)
* AArch64 Xfce Desktop image added to F31/Rawhide. Testing
appreciated! (pwhalen, 15:20:05)
* Fedora 31 Beta Blockers (pwhalen, 15:20:19)
* Workstation image for armhfp is fixed and should be available going
forward. (pwhalen, 15:23:22)
* Server image for armhfp and aarch64 fixed last week. (pwhalen,
* 5) == EPEL == (pwhalen, 15:26:17)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/epel/issue/74 (tdawson, 15:32:58)
* Dropping aarch64 from EPEL-7 (pwhalen, 15:34:32)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/epel/issue/74 (pwhalen, 15:34:38)
* 6) == Open Floor == (pwhalen, 15:35:15)
Meeting ended at 15:43:51 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* pwhalen (48)
* pbrobinson (26)
* tdawson (11)
* jlinton (7)
* zodbot (6)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
3 years, 9 months
F30 aarch64 image does not work on Raspberry Pi 3
by Jos Vos
After consulting https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Raspberry_Pi
I wrote the raw image found in https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/30/Workstation...
on a 16 GB SD card, resized p3 with parted, did a resize2fs (all this
seemed to work fine) and I booted the Pi 3 with it.
It seemed to boot fine, I saw I saw many screens with logging and OK's,
but the last message is "Started GNOME Display Manager" resulting in
nothing else, only followed by occassional audio error messages
("bcm2835_audio: vhci message timeout, msg=3") that are probably not
During the boot I saw a few times an X arrow cursor on a black screen
(that was not reacting to mouse movements BTW).
With ALT-Fx I also have console logins, but root asks for a password
that I don't know.
Any suggestions? Is this supposed to work?
Or should I have a better chance when trying the F31 devel version I see in
-- Jos Vos <jos(a)xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Office: +31 20 6938364
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Mobile: +31 6 26216181
3 years, 9 months
F-30 Raspberry Pi 3B+ MMC/MicroSD sdhost-bcm2835 3f202000.mmc: timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
by Jan Kratochvil
just copying from:
On Raspberry Pi 3B+ when I boot from MicroSD from USB adapter all works fine.
When I use the same MicroSD into the MicroSD slot of Raspberry it boots fine
and when it should be display text login prompt it prints:
[ 70.246299] sdhost-bcm2835 3f202000.mmc: timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
And it is mostly dead (it pings but no sshd works anymore, NumLock works but no login prompt etc.).
Raspbian boots fine there even directly from MicroSD.
I see nowhere on this list mentioned this problem, really nobody is using
3 years, 9 months