[SSSD-users] SSSD 1.11 for Ubuntu Lucid

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 21:08:04 UTC 2014

On 24 Jun 2014, at 22:52, Jay McCanta <J.McCanta at F5.com> wrote:

> My apologies if this isn't the right place for this request.

It is!

> I'm looking for sssd ad backend that supports AD domain trusts (within the same forest) and user filtering.

Yes, I would recommend running the latest 1.11 release.

>  As I understand things, that would be 1.11.  Has anyone been able to build 1.11 for Ubuntu Lucid?

I’m mostly a Fedora person myself, so I’m not quite sure what is the state of support of Ubuntu Lucid. But in general, Timo Aaltonnen has been very helpful in providing PPAs for Ubuntu even for newer packages. You might want to search his PPA archive:
	https://launchpad.net/~tjaalton/+ppa-packages

> I don't mind having to build some of the extra libraries.  I'm just hoping it's been either done or at the very least doable.

As I said earlier, I’m not completely sure about Ubuntu, but as far as RH-centric distros go, we support RHEL-6 and with some customisations, even RHEL-5 builds are possible.

If you have trouble, please let us know on this list.