[SSSD] no krb5 cache produced

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 08:09:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013, steve wrote:

> For krb5 cifs. The automounter looks for krb5cc_0 in /tmp
>

> If other applications expect the ccache to be there (why?) they can
> kinit themselves, or you can run kinit on their behalf in a shell script
> via cron.
>
> Yes, I see that now. It's just me being lazy. I need to write a cron to
> kinit to keep the root cache alive for the automounter and leave sssd to get
> on with its own job.

If you just write a cron job, you may find that the cache doesn't exist when
the automounter needs it, as the cron job may have no yet run.

I feel distinctly unclean doing this, but I just added a couple of lines to
/etc/sysconfig/autofs to create the necessary ticket and set the selinux
context appropriately.

jh