[SSSD] no krb5 cache produced

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Apr 29 10:18:36 UTC 2013

On 04/29/2013 10:09 AM, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2013, steve wrote:
>
>> For krb5 cifs. The automounter looks for krb5cc_0 in /tmp
>>

>> If other applications expect the ccache to be there (why?) they can
>> kinit themselves, or you can run kinit on their behalf in a shell script
>> via cron.
>>
>> Yes, I see that now. It's just me being lazy. I need to write a cron to
>> kinit to keep the root cache alive for the automounter and leave sssd
>> to get
>> on with its own job.
>
> If you just write a cron job, you may find that the cache doesn't
> exist when
> the automounter needs it, as the cron job may have no yet run.
>
> I feel distinctly unclean doing this, but I just added a couple of
> lines to
> /etc/sysconfig/autofs to create the necessary ticket and set the selinux
> context appropriately.
Hi
I've got as far as creating the root ticket in /etc/init.d/boot.local
which seems to be ok as it happens before anyone hits the automounter.
On our system, that'll keep autofs happy for 10 hours so I suppose the
cron would need to be set to run at 9 hour 59 minute intervals. Normally
the client would have been rebooted by then, but I'd like to be able to
just forget about it.
Could you share your 2 liner autofs script? I guess it would be a kinit
-k <some key> but I'm new to all this.
Cheers.