[SSSD] no krb5 cache produced

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Apr 28 19:57:48 UTC 2013

ldap_sasl_authid = Administrator

IOW, not the machine key? Do I get a cache under /tmp then?

> No, you won't, the path is hardcoded
>
>> If not, could you tell me the syntax to have sssd running as root and when it starts to have it's cache in /tmp/krb5cc_0 ??
>>
> There is no way to do this.
>
> Why do you need the ccache in /tmp?
For krb5 cifs. The automounter looks for krb5cc_0 in /tmp

If other applications expect the ccache to be there (why?) they can
kinit themselves, or you can run kinit on their behalf in a shell script
via cron.

Yes, I see that now. It's just me being lazy. I need to write a cron to kinit to keep the root cache alive for the automounter and leave sssd to get on with its own job.

Thanks.

BTW, do we mark threads as [solved] on this list?