[SSSD] build dependencies Ubuntu 12.10

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Apr 25 21:08:53 UTC 2013

On 25/04/13 12:13, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:45:32AM +0200, linux wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the debian control file for sssd-1.9.1 you can find the following:
>>
>> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9), quilt, dh-autoreconf, autopoint,
>> lsb-release,
>>   dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~),
>>   dnsutils,
>>   libpopt-dev,
>>   libdbus-1-dev,
>>   libkeyutils-dev,
>>   libldap2-dev,
>>   libpam-dev,
>>   libnl-dev,
>>   libnss3-dev,
>>   libnspr4-dev,
>>   libpcre3-dev,
>>   libselinux1-dev,
>>   libsasl2-dev,
>>   libtevent-dev,
>>   libldb-dev,
>>   libtalloc-dev,
>>   libtdb-dev,
>>   xml-core,
>>   docbook-xsl,
>>   docbook-xml,
>>   libxml2-utils,
>>   xsltproc,
>>   krb5-config,
>>   libkrb5-dev,
>>   libc-ares-dev,
>>   python-dev (>= 2.6.6-3~),
>>   libdhash-dev,
>>   libcollection-dev,
>>   libini-config-dev,
>>   check,
>>   dh-apparmor,
>>   libglib2.0-dev,
>> # libndr-dev,
>> # libndr-standard-dev,
>> # libsamba-util-dev,
>> # samba4-dev,
> You need samba4-dev to build the PAC responder in 1.9 and will also need
> it to build the AD responder in 1.10 due to the site location discovery
> support . I don't know the difference between libsamba-util-dev and
> samba4-dev on Debian, though.
>
>> # libdcerpc-dev,
>>
>> but I don't know if this list complete and correct.
>> Maybe I should replace _libnl-dev_ with _libnl-3-dev_?
> libnl3 support was only added in the 1.10 pre-release. However, we also
> have a fallback to libnl1 so both should work fine.
Hi
That was a good start. In the end there were a couple of others needed
for 1.9.5 Here is the list:
sudo apt-get install build-essential dnsutils debhelper  quilt
dh-autoreconf autopoint lsb-release dpkg-dev  dnsutils  libpopt-dev
libdbus-1-dev libkeyutils-dev libkeyutils-dev  libldap2-dev libpam-dev
libnl-dev  libnss3-dev  libnspr4-dev  libpcre3-dev libselinux1-dev
libsasl2-dev  libtevent-dev  libldb-dev libtalloc-dev  libtdb-dev
xml-core  docbook-xsl  docbook-xml libxml2-utils  xsltp.5roc
krb5-config  libkrb5-dev  libc-ares-dev python-dev  libdhash-dev
libcollection-dev  libini-config-dev check  dh-apparmor  libglib2.0-dev
libndr-dev libndr-standard-dev libsamba-util-dev samba4-dev
libdcerpc-dev build-essential semanage

I was at a loss as to how to get the pam stack correct. There seems to
be no way in Ubuntu to use pam-config. In the end, I had to install sssd
using apt-get to setup pam for me. I then deleted the sssd binary in
/usr/sbin. Is there an official way to do pam in Ubuntu?
Cheers,
Steve