[SSSD] build dependencies Ubuntu 12.10

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Apr 25 10:13:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:45:32AM +0200, linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the debian control file for sssd-1.9.1 you can find the following:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9), quilt, dh-autoreconf, autopoint,
> lsb-release,
>  dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~),
>  dnsutils,
>  libpopt-dev,
>  libdbus-1-dev,
>  libkeyutils-dev,
>  libldap2-dev,
>  libpam-dev,
>  libnl-dev,
>  libnss3-dev,
>  libnspr4-dev,
>  libpcre3-dev,
>  libselinux1-dev,
>  libsasl2-dev,
>  libtevent-dev,
>  libldb-dev,
>  libtalloc-dev,
>  libtdb-dev,
>  xml-core,
>  docbook-xsl,
>  docbook-xml,
>  libxml2-utils,
>  xsltproc,
>  krb5-config,
>  libkrb5-dev,
>  libc-ares-dev,
>  python-dev (>= 2.6.6-3~),
>  libdhash-dev,
>  libcollection-dev,
>  libini-config-dev,
>  check,
>  dh-apparmor,
>  libglib2.0-dev,
> # libndr-dev,
> # libndr-standard-dev,
> # libsamba-util-dev,
> # samba4-dev,

You need samba4-dev to build the PAC responder in 1.9 and will also need
it to build the AD responder in 1.10 due to the site location discovery
support . I don't know the difference between libsamba-util-dev and
samba4-dev on Debian, though.

> # libdcerpc-dev,
>
> but I don't know if this list complete and correct.
> Maybe I should replace _libnl-dev_ with _libnl-3-dev_?

libnl3 support was only added in the 1.10 pre-release. However, we also
have a fallback to libnl1 so both should work fine.