[SSSD] build dependencies Ubuntu 12.10

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 26 13:01:35 UTC 2013

On 26.04.2013 00:08, steve wrote:
> On 25/04/13 12:13, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:45:32AM +0200, linux wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in the debian control file for sssd-1.9.1 you can find the following:
>>>
>>> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9), quilt, dh-autoreconf, autopoint,
>>> lsb-release,
>>>   dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~),
>>>   dnsutils,
>>>   libpopt-dev,
>>>   libdbus-1-dev,
>>>   libkeyutils-dev,
>>>   libldap2-dev,
>>>   libpam-dev,
>>>   libnl-dev,
>>>   libnss3-dev,
>>>   libnspr4-dev,
>>>   libpcre3-dev,
>>>   libselinux1-dev,
>>>   libsasl2-dev,
>>>   libtevent-dev,
>>>   libldb-dev,
>>>   libtalloc-dev,
>>>   libtdb-dev,
>>>   xml-core,
>>>   docbook-xsl,
>>>   docbook-xml,
>>>   libxml2-utils,
>>>   xsltproc,
>>>   krb5-config,
>>>   libkrb5-dev,
>>>   libc-ares-dev,
>>>   python-dev (>= 2.6.6-3~),
>>>   libdhash-dev,
>>>   libcollection-dev,
>>>   libini-config-dev,
>>>   check,
>>>   dh-apparmor,
>>>   libglib2.0-dev,
>>> # libndr-dev,
>>> # libndr-standard-dev,
>>> # libsamba-util-dev,
>>> # samba4-dev,
>> You need samba4-dev to build the PAC responder in 1.9 and will also need
>> it to build the AD responder in 1.10 due to the site location discovery
>> support . I don't know the difference between libsamba-util-dev and
>> samba4-dev on Debian, though.
>>
>>> # libdcerpc-dev,
>>>
>>> but I don't know if this list complete and correct.
>>> Maybe I should replace _libnl-dev_ with _libnl-3-dev_?
>> libnl3 support was only added in the 1.10 pre-release. However, we also
>> have a fallback to libnl1 so both should work fine.
> Hi
> That was a good start. In the end there were a couple of others needed
> for 1.9.5 Here is the list:
> sudo apt-get install build-essential dnsutils debhelper  quilt
> dh-autoreconf autopoint lsb-release dpkg-dev  dnsutils  libpopt-dev
> libdbus-1-dev libkeyutils-dev libkeyutils-dev  libldap2-dev libpam-dev
> libnl-dev  libnss3-dev  libnspr4-dev  libpcre3-dev libselinux1-dev
> libsasl2-dev  libtevent-dev  libldb-dev libtalloc-dev  libtdb-dev
> xml-core  docbook-xsl  docbook-xml libxml2-utils  xsltp.5roc
> krb5-config  libkrb5-dev  libc-ares-dev python-dev  libdhash-dev
> libcollection-dev  libini-config-dev check  dh-apparmor  libglib2.0-dev
> libndr-dev libndr-standard-dev libsamba-util-dev samba4-dev
> libdcerpc-dev build-essential semanage

You'd be better off just building using the official packaging. I've now
pushed 1.9.5 to git:

git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-sssd/sssd

it'll get to Debian unstable soon, and as an update to Ubuntu 13.04.

> I was at a loss as to how to get the pam stack correct. There seems to
> be no way in Ubuntu to use pam-config. In the end, I had to install sssd
> using apt-get to setup pam for me. I then deleted the sssd binary in
> /usr/sbin. Is there an official way to do pam in Ubuntu?

again, just use the official packaging, which uses pam-auth-update and
drops the config file in /usr/share/pam-configs. Once you've configured
sssd it should just work.