[SSSD] Fate of ding-libs branches

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 23:55:48 UTC 2012

> The ding-libs development on master has been virtually stagnant for many
> months now. Much of what is included on the master branch is
> partially-completed concept work that was originally going to be done as
> part of a nebulous 1.0 future.
>
> Given that the ding-libs 1.0 has been effectively abandoned (and that
> the ding_libs-0-1 branch has been remarkably stable for a long time),
> I'd like to recommend that we branch the current master off (perhaps
> name it 'experimental') and then reset the master branch to be identical
> to the current contents of ding_libs-0-1.

I would not rush with it frankly but for a different reason. The
libcollection is now being evaluated as a mean for doing internal
implementation of the structured logging. I have couple patches for it
that I need to polish and submit. I plan to do it in couple weeks. Until
we sort out the fate and use of libcollection I do not think it makes
sense to do the reorganization of otherwise stable tree.

Also we need to get someone continuing the work in this area and finish
the work on the INI and bring it to the final release. There is not much
left but should be enough for thesis. I can work with Jan on that.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,