[SSSD] new ldap users inconsistently able to auth on existing servers

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 12:27:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 18:41 -0400, Johnny Tan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> > In your original email, you showed that you were using SSSD on CENTOS
> > 5.5. I'd strongly suggest trying out SSSD from the RHEL 5.7 beta, which
> > contains a great many bugfixes.
> >
> > You will need to grab a few other packages as well though (for
> > dependencies): openldap24-libs, libdhash, libini_config and
> > libcollection.
>
> Thanks Stephen. As I don't have access to RHN, is there another place
> where these RPMs (or SRPMs) are available? I see this in F14's repo:
> http://fedora.fastsoft.net/pub/linux/fedora/linux/updates/14/SRPMS/sssd-1.4.0-2.fc14.src.rpm
>
> But it seems also somewhat out of date.
>
> What's the version I should be trying and where I can get it?

You can try our latest git releases by installing this yum repository
file:
http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/ipa-devel/ipa-devel-rhel.repo

However, be aware that this currently contains the pre-release bits that
will become SSSD 1.6.0 (It should generally be stable, but I'd not put
it into production. Insert usual disclaimers about untested code,
possible loss of data, life or sanity, etc.)

Otherwise, I think you'll have to wait until the final RHEL 5.7 release
is available so you can download the official RPMs. I don't think the
5.7 beta RPMs are available outside of the beta DVD images at this time.
(I suppose you could download the ISO images and extract the RPMs from
them too).