[SSSD] new ldap users inconsistently able to auth on existing servers

Johnny Tan jt at renttherunway.com
Tue Jun 21 21:00:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> You can try our latest git releases by installing this yum repository
> file:
> http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/ipa-devel/ipa-devel-rhel.repo
>
> However, be aware that this currently contains the pre-release bits that
> will become SSSD 1.6.0 (It should generally be stable, but I'd not put
> it into production. Insert usual disclaimers about untested code,
> possible loss of data, life or sanity, etc.)

Right, I'd rather not run this.

> Otherwise, I think you'll have to wait until the final RHEL 5.7 release
> is available so you can download the official RPMs. I don't think the
> 5.7 beta RPMs are available outside of the beta DVD images at this time.
> (I suppose you could download the ISO images and extract the RPMs from
> them too).

What's the exact version I should be looking for? Whether it's shipped
with the 5.7-BETA or even a later one that is recommended. I'm
thinking if I dig around and find the most recent possible srpm and
then drop the latest maintenance tarball in there, I could do an rpm
rebuild of it.

Thanks,
johnny