What is the status of software collections?

Doran Barton doran at bluehost.com
Wed Nov 7 18:23:37 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, November 07, 2012 04:07:32 PM Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> Perl packaging is also my problem. I'm trying build perl 5.16.2 for
> RHEL-5 and RHEL-6. It doesn't work well because of number of
> provides/requires, which must be manually filtered. If you are packaging
> modules from cpan, you might be interested in spec2scl, which can
> generate scl spec from valid specfile.

Please do share what you've managed to produce so far for 5.16.2.

I have adapted the 5.14.2 spec file to 5.16.2 and have successfully built RPMs
with it, but I am not sure if 5.16.x requires the same patches on RHEL that
5.14.x does.

I am also concerned about this message that comes up several (dozen) times
during the rpmbuild process:

	%{__perl_requires}: command not found

--
Doran L. Barton <doran at bluehost.com> - Senior Developer, Bluehost, RHCE
 "The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They maybe