What is the status of software collections?

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 08:48:25 UTC 2012

On 11/07/2012 07:23 PM, Doran Barton wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 07, 2012 04:07:32 PM Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>> Perl packaging is also my problem. I'm trying build perl 5.16.2 for
>> RHEL-5 and RHEL-6. It doesn't work well because of number of
>> provides/requires, which must be manually filtered. If you are packaging
>> modules from cpan, you might be interested in spec2scl, which can
>> generate scl spec from valid specfile.
>
> Please do share what you've managed to produce so far for 5.16.2.
>
> I have adapted the 5.14.2 spec file to 5.16.2 and have successfully built RPMs
> with it, but I am not sure if 5.16.x requires the same patches on RHEL that
> 5.14.x does.
>
> I am also concerned about this message that comes up several (dozen) times
> during the rpmbuild process:
>
> 	%{__perl_requires}: command not found

The macro is probably not defined at the time of build in the specfile.
I solve it by adding the definition into the perl.spec. Anyway filtering
of requires didn't work well.

You can look at my perl-5.16.1.srpm:
http://mmaslano.fedorapeople.org/scl-perl/perl-5.16.1-1.1.el6.src.rpm
The incorrect provides/requires didn't allow me to build other perl
packages, because dependencies can't be installed properly. The build
work on local RHEL-6 machine, but I wasn't able to build it on our
instance of builder. I guess you will see the same problems on koji.
RHEL-5 will have a lot of problems for example noarch packages,
different filters for rpm-4.8, ...
--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno