oval-results option

Graham Williamson graham at williamsonsinc.id.au
Tue Jan 7 20:21:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 12:10 -0700, joescap at mm.st wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I noticed
> that when I do a scan like the following:
This appears to really be a open-scap question
<open-scap-list at redhat.com> but we should be able to provide some
guidance in the first place.

> oscap xccdf eval --profile Profile --results /tmp/scan-results.xml
> --report /tmp/scan-results.html --oval-results --cpe-dict
> /tmp/scap-cpe-dictionary.xml /tmp/scap-xccdf.xml
--cpe-dict is deprecated, you should be using --cpe if you're running a
recent version of oscap.  Run oscap -V and make sure you're running the
latest version.

> to put the file,  but it doesn't seem to take.  Is there any way to
> redirect the output somewhere else?  Or get the extra information in an
> alternative fashion?
I get the same results as well (openscap-0.9.12-1.el6.x86_64), not the
very latest version.  The man page for oscap doesn't specify an argument
after the --oval-results option to specify a path to place those
results.   I also check openscap-1.0.1-1.fc19.x86_64 (latest version) as
well and it doesn't appear to specify an argument to the --oval-results
either.  So, it looks like an email to the open-scap mailing list or log
a feature request at https://fedorahosted.org/openscap/ will be your
best bet.