[checkstyle] extending checkstyle to xml files

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 13:59:34 UTC 2014

Le 28/11/2014 10:54, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> On 2014-11-28 09:44, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
>>
>>> Am 28.11.2014 um 09:08 schrieb Thomas Segismont <tsegismo at redhat.com>:
>>>
>>> I believe he's talking about transferring ownership of this repo to
>>> the rhq-project organization.
>>
>> His own? Couldn't  RHQ-project fork this and he then deletes his
>> "master" ?

It is possible to "transfer" a repo from a user to an organization.
There's no need to fork it in the rhq-project organization then delete
Peter's own repo.

>> But I do not think we should another repo for this, but instead use
>> the bom-one or the integration-project one.
>> Bom is probably better, as this one will be used/needed for all the
>> sub projects, but the no one necessarily
>> needs the integration project when he only wants to use on e.g.
>> rhq-metrics

I disagree. I'd rather see the checkstyle rules project in its own repo
under the rhq-project organization or, if we create a new one, the
rhq.next organization.

Distinct repositories, IMO, make it easier to manage and work with your
local forks.

> Yes, the BoM git repo seems to be a better candidate than the
> integration-project one.
> Thinking aloud how this could be done:
>
> (a) Add new module "rhq-checkstyle-config" under "alohomora-parent",
> using "alohomora-parent" groupId and release cycle in
> "rhq-checkstyle-config"? - Not good because we probably want to
> configure the checkstyle plugin in "alohomora-parent", but having
> "rhq-checkstyle-config" as a child of "alohomora-parent" and at the same
> time as a dependency of "alohomora-parent" is a dependency cycle.
>
> (b) Add "rhq-checkstyle-config" as a plain subdirectory under
> "alohomora-parent". "rhq-checkstyle-config" would use a groupId and
> release cycle independent from "alohomora-parent". In this way, we could
> configure the checkstyle plugin in "alohomora-parent" without having a
> dependency cycle.
>
> I personally find it messy to have independent things in the same git
> repo as in (b). I am still in favor of (c) having
> "rhq-checkstyle-config" artifact in a separate "rhq-checkstyle-config"
> repo.

Shared feeling.

Don't get worked up about this repository thing. Transfer this
repository to me (tsegismont at github) and I'll transfer it to the
rhq-project org. Then I'll add what's needed to upload a snapshot to Nexus.