Bug 957689 - Unable to complete tasks when server is shutdown

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 14:14:21 UTC 2013

Am 26.06.2013 um 15:15 schrieb Thomas Segismont:

> Le 26/06/2013 15:06, John Mazzitelli a écrit :
>> Is there a wiki or something that explains why the restart is necessary? Or can you explain? I'm wondering if there is some CLI command we can make to force the server to inject the new code without needing a restart.

That DUP is already in what the user unzips - right?
And we have rhqctl install doing some work for installing C* and then starting the server.
Can't that installer code just in between put the DUP into the right place ?

Couldn't the DUP be placed in a module that is installed and on which the ear module depends on?

 Just some ideas..