Bug 957689 - Unable to complete tasks when server is shutdown

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 14:23:10 UTC 2013

> That DUP is already in what the user unzips - right?
> And we have rhqctl install doing some work for installing C* and then
> starting the server.
> Can't that installer code just in between put the DUP into the right place ?
>
> Couldn't the DUP be placed in a module that is installed and on which the ear
> module depends on?
>
>  Just some ideas..

That's what I would have assumed we could do, but I don't know, I haven't looked at the code. It seems to me we should have something like we had in the old 4.2.3 days. We had a "container-lib" jar that we put in the main /lib dierctory that got loaded by AS 4.2.3 at startup. I think we can do the same by using a AS7 module and have our EAR contain a dependency on that module????