Animal sniffer failure in portal war module

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 10:10:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

 see the exact same failures in the github-migrated sources, which have not been touched since 1 or two weeks.
The very same worked yesterday, so I guess that the specific version
of stuff for jspc is all of a sudden no longer available in some upstream repo.

> In my opinion, the latter is preferable as most if not all those JSP are not used anymore. Besides I'm not sure the precompiled JSP are used as we do nothing with the web.xml file generated by the jspc plugin (see http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Jspc+Plugin). How the generated servlets classes could be used if they are not declared in the war descriptor?

I fear, that if someone hits a jsp page, the server will still recompile all of them, which is an undesired hit.

Not pre-compiling them is a good option if we finally slim down the JSPs to the absolute minimum

 Heiko