Animal sniffer failure in portal war module

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 09:47:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I activated animal sniffer plugin this morning, attached to the build's
"verify" phase. The build then failed on Jenkins in the portal war module.

On Jenkins, the "dist" profile is active and the Jetty jspc plugin gets
triggered. So the animal sniffer plugin fails because it doesn't find
references for the org/apache/jasper/runtime/* classes (see
http://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/rhq-master-compile/1428/org.rhq$rhq-portal/consoleFull)

To get this work we should whether add the Jasper dependencies in
provided scope or simply remove the Jetty jspc plugin.

In my opinion, the latter is preferable as most if not all those JSP are
not used anymore. Besides I'm not sure the precompiled JSP are used as
we do nothing with the web.xml file generated by the jspc plugin (see
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Jspc+Plugin). How the
generated servlets classes could be used if they are not declared in the
war descriptor?

What's your opinion?

In the meantime, I reconfigured portal war to skip animal sniffer execution.

Thanks,
Thomas